I've been really lazy and haven't posted on this blog for a while. Even skipped the last release.
Today I released xmlsh 1.1.5 as well as updates to the MarkLogic and Calabash extension modules. The main feature is updating to Saxon 9.3. Also includes some bug fixes, fixed demo app, improved test cases.
So whats coming up next ? I have a LOT of things in the pipeline. A major extension module I hope to release this year is the JSON extension module. This is an implementation of the JXON processor and associated tools. You may notice the json2xml and xml2json commands have been updated to use the JXML schema. This is just a tiny part of the JXON processor. I hope to release this in time for the upcoming Balisage 2011 conference. But if your curious now, an early implementation is checked into sourceforge.
Also in the pipes are extension modules for the Exist XML DB and also for Amazon Web Services (AWS)
No ETA on these yet but I've started work. Volunteers are welcome !
I'm also experimenting with the PE and EE Editions of Saxon. Some really great stuff in there especially XQuery 3.0, XPath 3.0 and XSLT 3.0. Unfortunately these are all paid/licensd features so I am reluctant to require their use. However I have tested xmlsh with Saxon 9.3 in both PE and EE versions to make sure you can use these features. I'd really love to have them as part of the core technology but not yet willing to pull the rug on a full free open source implementation.
I'm excited about the eXist extension module - I've hoped to use XMLSH on eXist since I first heard about XMLSH. I posted a notice about this (and your call for volunteers) on the eXist-open mailing list.ReplyDelete